Monday, December 13, 2010

A Nomination and an Honor


I just learned that this blog has been nominated in the Local/Regional category of Family Tree Magazine's 20 Best Genealogy Blogs!  Wow---what an honor!  

A year ago, I began blogging (well almost 2 years ago if I count my podcast). But I began really blogging about my genealogy experiences and sharing them with others this past year.  

I admit that I was surprised at the responses that I got when I share the story of Finding Uncle Sephus , and heard from so many who enjoyed my blogging everyday last June, while I attended the Samford Institute of Genealogical Research.  I was also happy to meet several people recently at a Christmas party last weekend, who commented on a recent post that I made on the Jeanes Teachers, an army of early 20th century educators. I am more delighted to learn about a flurry of activity among some dedicated researchers in Arkansas who have begun searching for descendants of the McElroy's of Grant County after reading my post about The Story of Thomas "Moses" McElroy. What an honor. I am so happy to know that  people are actually reading the blog and enjoying it! 

So to those of you who have enjoyed my posts these past several months I can only say, thank you for the nomination, and if you are so inclined, feel free to vote for my blog.

Of course, being nominated is as big an honor for me, and all us do what we do because we are simply compelled to do so---we write not for the honor--but because we have stories that must be told.

In some small way as we call our ancestor's names, we continue the legacy that they  have left.

7 comments:

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

Congratulations, Angela! This is a well-deserved honor. You have my vote.

Amy Bertsch said...

Mine, too! Congrats!

Greta Koehl said...

Congratulations, Angela; after you have so kindly furnished so much subject matter for my Follow posts, of course I had to vote for My Ancestor's Name!

Angela Y. Walton-Raji said...

Greta you are so very kind, thank you for your words. I have been so humbled by those whom I have met in this blogging world.

Angela Y. Walton-Raji said...

Amy Coffin and Amy Bertsch thank you both. Just being nominated is an honor and being in the company of bloggers such as yourselves is what inspires me to do the little bit that I do. Thanks to each of you.

Tina Lyons said...

Congrats!

Elizabeth O'Neal said...

Congratulations, Angela! You've already got my vote!